Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Nintendo's New Handheld is Here

It was long awaited, but ladies and gentlemen it is finally here. That's right the new and improved Nintendo 3DS XL and yes, I do mean improved. Its amazing how much Game Boy's have changed in such a sort time as I think back to the times as a kid playing on my Pokemon themed Game Boy color. Yeah I know, I liked Pokemon, but I am pretty sure almost every kid did ten years ago, hard to believe speaking of which that its still as popular with kids as it was back then.



I'll admit from the beginning before getting my hands on the Nintendo 3DS XL I had my doubts and honestly I thought with the overall increase in size that there would be a lot more problems with the new handheld over its predecessor then there actually was. I would have to say that all things consider I was pleasantly surprised by what Nintendo came up with. I'm going to go over a few key areas with really set the Nintendo 3DS XL apart from its predecessor.

The Nintendo 3DS XL has a price tag of right around two hundred dollars while its predecessor still cost one hundred and seventy dollars. This may not seem like a lot of difference at first, but when you really think about it you are paying for a complete upgrade in almost every aspect from the original 3DS while only paying right around thirty dollars more after taxes. 

The Nintendo 3DS XL not only sells for a great price, but it also gives the buyer an increase in screen size of over ninety percent, yes that's right, ninety percent. If that wasn't enough to convince you that this purchase is truly worth it in the end you should also consider that Nintendo listened to the complaints about glare with the prior model and has installed an anti-glare screen into the device to prevent this.

When we look at the weight distribution between both of the units you would expect due to an increase in size that the Nintendo 3DS would weight more, but you will be, as I was pleasantly surprised that this is in fact no where near the case. The 3DS XL is not lighter then the 3DS, but it is by no means considerably heavier then the 3DS.

 As is the case with many handheld devices we tend to worry about the battery life a lot. You need not worry with Nintendo's new installment as it can last for upwards of six hours of playing time, so we can all play Mario Cart to our hearts content. As for the new stylus that comes with the XL, I am more then pleased with it as it is easier to hold and very user friendly. Oh, and I shouldn't forget to mention you get a camera upgrade and a nice and healthy 2 GB upgrade to your old 3DS. There is probably a lot more I should mention, but I can't spoil all the fun, hears to hoping you have as much fun with your Nintendo 3DS XL as I did, trying it out was a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment